Viscose garments care requires attention to detail to preserve the fabric’s softness, drape, and overall appearance. Here are some tips for caring for garments made from viscose:
1. Read Care Labels:
Always check the care labels on your viscose garments for specific instructions. Follow the guidelines provided by the manufacturer.
2. Hand Washing:
- Hand washing is often recommended for viscose garments to minimize wear and tear. Use a mild detergent and lukewarm water.
- Gently agitate the water and avoid wringing or twisting the garment.
3. Machine Washing:
- If machine washing is allowed, use a delicate or gentle cycle with cold water.
- Place delicate items in a mesh laundry bag to prevent friction and snagging.
- Air-dry viscose garments whenever possible to maintain their shape and prevent shrinkage.
- If using a dryer, select a low heat setting. Remove the garments promptly to reduce wrinkles.
- Use a low to medium heat setting on your iron when necessary. Iron the garment inside out to prevent shine.
- Be cautious not to apply too much pressure, as viscose can be sensitive to heat.
Consider using a handheld steamer to remove wrinkles from viscose garments without direct contact with the iron.
- Hang viscose garments on padded hangers to maintain their shape.
- Avoid overcrowding in the closet to allow air circulation.
8. Avoid Sun Exposure:
Direct sunlight can cause colors to fade over time. Store viscose garments away from direct sunlight.
9. Stain Removal:
- Treat stains promptly using a mild stain remover or a mixture of water and gentle detergent.
- Test any stain remover on an inconspicuous area first to ensure it doesn’t damage the fabric.
10. Dry Cleaning:
Some viscose garments may be labeled as dry clean only. Follow these instructions to avoid potential damage.
11. Handle with Care:
Be mindful of jewelry and accessories that may snag or pull at the delicate fibers of viscose.
12. Consider Lining:
If the garment is sheer, consider wearing a slip or adding a lining to enhance modesty and reduce wear.
Always refer to the care instructions provided by the manufacturer, as different blends of viscose or specific finishes may require specific care. By following these guidelines, you can help ensure that your viscose garments remain in good condition over time.
Do you want to create garments in viscose?
Crea-Si can help you, with thirty years of experience in the creation of clothing in many different fabrics.
Contact us for more information or to present your project!